Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Revelations


On December 21, 2012, some people were waiting for the planet's end, others for the birth of an era marked by the end of the Mayan calendar.  For those who were curious, they visited the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza in Mexico during 2012 to find the Mexicans of Mayan descent in a celebratory mood. We're still here after all and experiencing changes on a global level that is shifting our thinking patterns, to come up with new solutions to tackle old problems.  With destruction comes resurrection.  Destruction is difficult and hard on many people yet with the right attitude, it can create a path towards a better life.
My own life over the past two years has been marked by both tragedies and joyful occasions--the main reason for my abandoning my Blog for awhile.  Yet life seems to balance itself out. Although, I've lost dear friends and mourned, I've also been blessed with beautiful friends with whom I've shared many wonderful events.  With some, I've travelled to exotic places, such as, the Backwaters of Kerala in India, the UNESCO Heritage sites in Nepal, and even, the volcano and lush tropical paradise on the Big Island of Hawa'ii.  MAHALO!  I have to admit that I learn and grow by visiting other parts of the world outside my native Manhattan residence; especially, being in the company of great people as these precious experiences truly nourish my spirit.
Nepali Prayer Flags in Kathmandu
Going forward into 2013, Lucky 13, I hope that the world learns to solve its problems intelligently and peacefully and I wish peace, progress and happiness to all! 
Let's live our lives with joy, passion and purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment